Saturday 22 May 2010

No 1's Of The 70's


Detailed item info
Track listing
1. Metal Guru - T-Rex
2. Blockbuster - Sweet
3. School's Out - Cooper, Alice
4. Jealous Mind - Alvin Stardust
5. Rubber Bullets - 10cc
6. Devil Gate Drive - Quatro, Suzi
7. Son Of My Father - Chicory Tip
8. Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes) - Edison Lighthouse
9. Yellow River - Christie
10. Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree - Dawn
11. Twelfth Of Never - Osmond, Donny
12. Hold Me Close - Essex, David
13. When Will I See You Again - Three Degrees
14. Rock Your Baby - McCrae, George
15. Kung Fu Fighting - Douglas, Carl
16. Double Barrel - Barker, Dave & Ansel Collins
17. In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry
18. Band Of Gold - Payne, Freda
19. Love Me For A Reason - Osmonds
20. Sad Sweet Dreamer - Sweet Sensation
21. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

1. Bye Bye Baby - Bay City Rollers
2. Coz I Luv U - Slade
3. January - Pilot
4. Under The Moon Of Love - Showaddywaddy
5. You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me - New Seekers
6. Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle Of The Road
7. Save Your Kisses For Me - Brotherhood Of Man
8. When A Child Is Born - Mathis, Johnny
9. I Only Have Eyes For You - Garfunkel, Art
10. Free - Williams, Deniece
11. When I Need You - Sayer, Leo
12. Stand By Your Man - Wynette, Tammy
13. Tears On My Pillow - Nash, Johnny
14. Barbados - Typically Tropical
15. December '63 (Oh What A Night) - Four Seasons
16. I Love To Love (But My Baby Loves To Dance) - Charles, Tina
17. You To Me Are Everything - Real Thing
18. Show You The Way To Go - Jacksons
19. I Feel Love - Summer, Donna
20. Are Friends Electric - Tubeway Army

Any of these classics bring back memories? Personally, some of my favourite no.1's of the 70's would have to be 'I'm not in love' by 10.CC, 'The Logical Song' by Supertramp, 'Haitian Divorce' by Steeley Dan, 'The Dean And I' by 10.CC, and Something In The Air By Thunderclap Newman. Oh, and also 'Breakfast in America' by Supertramp. (what a voice!) What, some of them weren't number ones? Well they all were in my book.

0 comments: